Counter

Sunday 5 May 2024

Mayakkam Enna - The magic


Hi folks,

This is not a review or an attempt to be critical of the movie but an honest hard-hitting confession that we fail to acknowledge some masterpieces and give them credit where it's due. 

The magic "Mayakkam Enna"  created by director Selvaraghavan which I as an  idiot couldn’t appreciate during the movie’s release.

From the protagonist's perspective this time. And it's not Dhanush I speak of. It's Richa who stole the show with her stellar portrayal of Yamini. 

Yamini

I was intrigued at first when I met Genius. I dated his friend first who had his own problems.. not that I would say that genius didn’t have the same problems.

But attraction is not something derived rather than desired.. I hated his gestures and his attitude towards women ..  Me to be honest !!

 

I’m still yet to figure out why I liked him in the first place ..I would share glances at him. I’d go out with his friend only when he was there to accompany us. Genius ! that he was .. he figured it out that I was curious about him rather than his friend.

 

He ran away when we kissed .. long story short ..men realise it only with physical action (not emotionally efficient)

 

I tried to help him during his struggling days ( I still do BTW) which he mistook as pity and not love as I was still dating his friend.

 

He needed a physical reaction so I did my part when he returned.  But  he was hesitant that it’d ruin his friendship with his friend. So he tried to shy away .. I’ve always had to be the one to take the first step (apologies to all women out there).

 

Marriage

 

Men need to heal themselves first before they get into any relationship.. love or marriage !!

 

But since I’d fallen head over heels in love with him .. I trusted him to get married. But as you know,  disappointed men disappoint you eventually. His life as a failed photographer failed my marriage too to the point that his friend proposed a sexual out and we lost our child as well.

 

The easy way would have been to quit this loser and move on but what’s life if you’re not strong. So I strived with this asshole sending his every pic to every magazine known which helped him become successful eventually.

 

I don’t want to be the pillar of his success, just the support system to his redemption and healing.

 

You’d never find a person who doesn’t fail. Everyone fails eventually.

 

Just be there. Love them unconditionally. There were times he would physically abuse me as well. I’m not saying that it’s okay to bear all that .. just putting across the fact that everyone is flawed.

 

Make them stronger .. with your presence and your grit. How long could they even not realize ??

 

He did eventually and he is this famous sober photographer who won the international award for the best photographer of the year.

 

I still love him by the way. Strength is what you put up with not what you’re born with. Become strong because men need strong women even if they don’t realise it.

 

Yours,

Yamini – courtesy Director Selvaraghavan

No comments:

Post a Comment